Yes!!! I am glad that I was not alone in my earlier sentiment of how to make the holidays better for others instead of ourselves.
Well, here we are on, what do they call this day? keep It Local Saturday or something like that? Here in Montevideo it is actually a melty, sunshiny day!!! My wife has been outside and said it is truly a beautiful day. I have been experiencing what seems to be weird allergies that have no common cause. Itchy watery eyes that feel as though they are on fire!!! I would love to feel good so I could go stroll Main Street today. I am hoping it is a bustling commerce of local goods flying off the shelves and helping people become the best versions of themselves they can be.
I love this time of year because it seems to bring out the best and the worst in people. I wish I could pinpoint it, but there is a mystery in the air today. Something I am meant to discover. And I wish I knew what direction to take without proper eyesight today. Even though I would love to be discovering things outdoors today, maybe this is a perfect opportunity to become introspective and seek out what would help not only my physical being, but my spiritual one as well. There is definitely some awesome spiritual energy floating around this time of year. What is it that lights you up about the holidays? Is it a positive or negative lighting up? I feel so drawn to people today, even though I am being kept inside. Maybe I will venture out sometime today. Do you have plans?
Well spoken/written words.
If you were to give a survey and ask any person in any nation at any level what they would like to change about their job, the predominant answer would be that they would like to make more money. If you are one of them, don’t be embarrassed. You’re not alone.
The biggest complaint you hear from organizations is how companies take care of employees and how it’s not appreciated. Which in-turn temps organizations to stop taking care of them by providing certain benefits.
Being grateful is not a destination, it’s a choice. Right now you have the ability to be happy and it starts with gratitude. Scripture says that nothing is ours. Not our family, job, body, house, or money. They are all God’s and he just allows us to use them.
The vicious circle that many fall prey to is:
- they are ungrateful for what they are making…
View original post 132 more words
This life will blow you down, lift you up, shove you in the ground, work you harder than you could ever imagine!!! None of us knows where our choices will take us. Even after the choices have been made where the journey goes can be a surprise. At the end of the day, not one of us has ultimate control, so just do what you can, take a different path, take a journey off the path!!! But through it all, have faith that no matter what happens, no matter what mountain tops you reach, no matter what valleys of the shadow of death and despair and loss you come to, it is NOT OVER UNTIL YOU STOP BREATHING!!! You will have so many opportunities to impact others journeys with no matter what you go through, remember that. Others are ALWAYS paying attention and your reaction to whatever the journey throws at you will be witnessed by others. Will you give them positivity or will you ultimately lead them down their own path to the valley? No matter what you must keep going until your body gives in and returns to the earth. And always act with integrity and thoughtfulness for others. This is my ultimate request for humanity. I love you all!!! I Make Positive Actions Come True Today And Tomorrow!
Well, that time of year is upon us once again. The turkey, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the green bean casseroles, the pies, the family get together, the time with friends, the buying of presents, the preparation for the gift giving of Christmas. Yes, this is a magical time of year for most people, but yet, there are those who are going without any turkey or a place to call home this year. There are those who have family but can’t afford to get to them or there may be a family rift that is causing issues. Not everyone is bound to have a joyous holiday season during Thanksgiving or Christmas and this can be a very rough, lonely time of year for a lot of people. So, how can we make a difference? I have compiled a list of easy, mostly cost-effective ways you can make a difference this holiday season and it doesn’t involve corporate greed or personal wants and desires being fulfilled.
1. Pray. This may seem difficult to some, but it is really not that difficult to remember those who have less than we do during these holidays seasons. God has provided enough for every man, woman, child, infant and newborn on the planet to have more than they need. The problem is that some take more than they actually need leaving others with little or none. God has all of us in the palm of His Hand and if we could ALL remember that this season, His Grace and Gift Giving is more than enough to provide for everyone. Now, that is not to say that it won’t take some giving from those of us on the earth, but together we can make everyone’s holidays merry and bright.
2. Volunteer at a local food shelf or homeless shelter. This is one area where it is relatively easy for anyone to get involved in making a difference this season. Even if you live in a small town, maybe your local church is involved in a program that gives out food donations to local charities or hands out food itself to those in need. If you know of one of these churches in a small town, let others know. If your town doesn’t have one of these organized yet, maybe this is your opportunity to make that happen.
3. Invite others to your get together. When I break it down to the simplest forms, we are all family. We ALL belong to the family of God and are His Children. Therefore, we are all related. Yes, I know during these times there are those who wish to take advantage of a person’s generosity, but how will you know unless you try? We all know someone in our circle who has nowhere to go for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Why not take a leap of faith and invite them to your home to spend a nice evening with you and your family. It may be the first time that they have ever experienced family so, please, be gentle in this invite.
4. When doing your holiday shopping, if you have more, give it. This could be in the style of extra food to a food shelter, or extra money to the person behind you in line. Even if the person has enough, wouldn’t it be nice to give a little of your own extra just so their holiday’s may be a little more merry? There are so many extra’s we can all give. Buy and extra gift or toy for a Toys For Tots registry, or offer to give fifty dollars, or even ten dollars in gift cards for the cashiers at your local big box store. Your generosity doesn’t need to break your bank to put a smile on someone’s face and make their holiday’s a little easier.
5. Get out into the community and share. Share your talents. Maybe there are older folks who have no family local. Go visit them during these holidays. Maybe you have a knack for cooking. Why not cook up a bunch of meals and bring them to your local retirement home. Maybe your talent is music or singing, start a caroling group in your community and get out around the town singing the carols of this wonderful season.
6. Get to your local outreach and volunteer. This could be for a food shelf, or homeless shelter or a local church. There are always people in need and there are always groups willing to meet those needs.
7. Forgive old debts. Do you know someone who owes you a favor or money that has been hard to come by or they have not had the opportunity to pay off the debt? Pay it off for them and say they don’t need to return the favor to you, but to others. Get them to go out to the world and share whatever talents they may have. I promise you, the world needs them.
8. Pay a bill for a neighbor. This is one of those that falls into the only if you have the means category. If you have the means to do so, pay off a neighbors electricity bill or water bill. They would be very appreciative of the surprise in the mail that the bill has been paid in full.
9. Go to your local gas station and give them whatever you have available to fill up however many tanks of gas it can. This would be a great surprise for any traveler during this season to find out that at least one of the tanks of gas they will need to get to and from their destination has been covered.
10. Bring presents to your local children’s hospital. There are thousands of children who are shut in and cannot enjoy the holidays with their family because they are too sick to leave the hospital. Once again, you don’t need to break your bank to make this happen, but buy some little toys and bring them along with maybe a home-cooked meal to the hospital. There will be those children who’s illnesses will not allow them to eat anything during this time, but maybe they can have it on a later day. I promise you, the children and the families of the children who are stuck in the hospital during Thanksgiving and Christmas would love to hear from you and even if you don’t buy anything just going there to spend your time with them and listen to what they may be going through is enough.
BONUS IDEA: go to your local big box retailer (Walmart, Target, Best Buy etc) and spend an amount on a set of gift cards, you can do 10 cards for $10 each, randomly spend a couple hundred dollars on varying donations of money, whatever you want and can afford. Go around to shoppers in the store and offer these gift cards to them to help them pay for their items. It doesn’t have to be a lot, any amount you can afford. But in this way you will be making things easier for others. Even if they don’t need it, they can pay it forward in other ways.
We are all in this together and with the recent events of war and vandalism and bad actions going on throughout our world, I want to spread as much cheer and positivity as I can. Remember, you too can create a world of I.M.P.A.C.T. I Make Positive Actions Come True… and so can you! Let’s work together to make everyone’s holidays the best they can be this year.
As we are on the Eve of Thanksgiving, I want to encourage the entire planet to unite together. We are all one people. We are human beings! We are made special in the sight of Jesus Christ. Why are there those who still don’t know that and don’t live it? God has created this planet for us, for ALL of us. And yet, there are those who go without what they need. There are those who cause riots and wars and pain and suffering for others. Why?
My friends, I want to encourage you today to remember that we are all precious in the sight of Jesus. He died for all of our sins. Not just this group over here, or that group over there. This world is under the control of Satan and his demeaning ways and it needs to stop. Those who read The Bible know how the story ends, Satan loses and he loses BAD! However, we are not at that point in the story right now. Right now, Satan is still wreaking the world and a lot of people in it. How does he do it? Through hate, through pain, through sadness, through greed. The toolbox of Satan is full of mischievous toys and a lot of people don’t even realize that what they are doing is playing into his hands when they act out a certain way.
This past week we had a verdict handed down from the courts that involved a shooting in Ferguson, Missouri. Now, I have been to this area of the United States. I have been to Branson, Missouri which is only a little over two-hundred miles from Ferguson. And I have to tell you, it is an area of the country that is full of beautiful wonderful sights and even more beautiful, wonderful people! Why is it that some people think that the only way to show their anger towards something that happens is more anger? He who lives by the sword, will die by the sword. When will we as a human race understand that? The only way to have peace is to be peaceful in all of our actions! Yes, we are allowed to get mad, even Jesus got made at the sales people operating in the synagogs. But, that anger was out of love. It was out of love for all people and His Heavenly Father that he got anger and turned over the tables.
Maybe that is what we need to do as a human race. We need to turn the tables. When someone comes at us with anger, all we should do is open our arms in love and embrace them. A person receiving a hug cannot hold a weapon of fear and anger. Yes, it is true that an act such as that could cause Satan to whisper in their ear and we could receive a stab in the back, but at least we would not be perpetrating more fear and anger in the world.
The only way to create a world of peace is to be peace to a world that desperately needs it. One person at a time let us embrace each other in love and understanding. We all have different opinions, so maybe it is time to hear those different opinions through communication. Communication leads to understanding and understanding leads to love and love leads to peace. It all starts with communication though. Are you willing to being those conversations that will ultimately make the world a better place?